Old 07-04-2009, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Lost

I don't know how others out there came through the winter.
Almost everything came through the winter with the exception of our
Impatiens Congolensis/nyamensis the variegated is totaly wiped out but
the green form has 2 pieces about 4 inches ling onthe end of a dead
sterm that just might come back. This is the first winter we have ever
had problems with these
The blue flowered Impatiens is growing like a weed and showed no sign
of any problems with the lowered temperature.
All but one of the suculents in the same house came through OK but a
couple of the brugmansia decided they had had enough.

On another tack, I have 2 Mimosa which are now around 6 to 7 ft tall,
around 5 years old, pot grown and kept inside but to date no sign of
flowering, what am I doing wrong?

David Hill
Old 07-04-2009, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 7, 9:23*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
I don't know how others out there came through the winter.
Almost everything came through the winter with the exception of our
Impatiens Congolensis/nyamensis the variegated is totaly wiped out but
the green form has 2 pieces about 4 inches ling onthe end of a dead
sterm that just might come back. This is the first winter we have ever
had problems with these
The blue flowered Impatiens is growing like a weed and showed no sign
of any problems with the lowered temperature.
All but one of the suculents in the same house came through OK but a
couple of the brugmansia decided they had had enough.

On another tack, I have 2 Mimosa which are now around 6 to 7 ft tall,
around 5 years old, pot grown and kept inside but to date no sign of
flowering, what am I doing wrong?

David Hill

Dave, I'm no expert but I know that the type of Mimosa I had in our
garden room at Norwich (roots planted into planting beds) needed to go
down to zero to get a lot of those lovely fluffy blooms. I heated it
one winter and it did not do as well. It seems odd but in your case,
maybe the temperature where it was kept was not low enough!!!!!!

Judith
Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote ...
I don't know how others out there came through the winter.
Almost everything came through the winter with the exception of our
Impatiens Congolensis/nyamensis the variegated is totaly wiped out but
the green form has 2 pieces about 4 inches ling onthe end of a dead
sterm that just might come back. This is the first winter we have ever
had problems with these
The blue flowered Impatiens is growing like a weed and showed no sign
of any problems with the lowered temperature.
All but one of the suculents in the same house came through OK but a
couple of the brugmansia decided they had had enough.

On another tack, I have 2 Mimosa which are now around 6 to 7 ft tall,
around 5 years old, pot grown and kept inside but to date no sign of
flowering, what am I doing wrong?

There are quite a few planted in gardens around this area including a very
large tree on a local hill and they have all flowered very well this year.
Going over now though.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 08-04-2009, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 7 Apr, 23:49, Sacha wrote:
On 7/4/09 21:23, in article
, "Dave

Hill" wrote:
I don't know how others out there came through the winter.
Almost everything came through the winter with the exception of our
Impatiens Congolensis/nyamensis the variegated is totaly wiped out but
the green form has 2 pieces about 4 inches ling onthe end of a dead
sterm that just might come back. This is the first winter we have ever
had problems with these
The blue flowered Impatiens is growing like a weed and showed no sign
of any problems with the lowered temperature.
All but one of the suculents in the same house came through OK but a
couple of the brugmansia decided they had had enough.

Our Impatiens niamniamensis dropped their leaves one very cold night when
the heating failed to come on but they're recovering nicely now. *Otherwise,
everything else is doing pretty well and has enjoyed the great dollops of
sunshine we've had lately.

On another tack, I have 2 Mimosa which are now around 6 to 7 ft tall,
around 5 years old, pot grown and kept inside but to date no sign of
flowering, what am I doing wrong?

David Hill

No idea - being too kind? *;-)
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I don't know about them needing low temp. as they flower well in Malta
and they dont get temp. down near freezing at all.
David Hill

Variegated leaves have lost their pattern! Peter Jason Gardening 7 04-01-2005 05:43 AM
Lost Swamp ((Oasis) roses Cynthia Donahey Ponds 0 27-03-2003 01:44 AM
OT - lost address book Sacha United Kingdom 2 19-02-2003 12:45 PM
ot lost google gary Gardening 2 12-02-2003 10:55 PM
My Dracaena Massangeana: a lost cause? Sean Harding Gardening 3 11-02-2003 10:55 PM