Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Lost

"Dave Hill" wrote ...
I don't know how others out there came through the winter.
Almost everything came through the winter with the exception of our
Impatiens Congolensis/nyamensis the variegated is totaly wiped out but
the green form has 2 pieces about 4 inches ling onthe end of a dead
sterm that just might come back. This is the first winter we have ever
had problems with these
The blue flowered Impatiens is growing like a weed and showed no sign
of any problems with the lowered temperature.
All but one of the suculents in the same house came through OK but a
couple of the brugmansia decided they had had enough.

On another tack, I have 2 Mimosa which are now around 6 to 7 ft tall,
around 5 years old, pot grown and kept inside but to date no sign of
flowering, what am I doing wrong?

There are quite a few planted in gardens around this area including a very
large tree on a local hill and they have all flowered very well this year.
Going over now though.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden