Old 13-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Kay Easton

Default birdsong

In article , Bart Bailey
writes
You are correct, they only share a common name, but are different birds.

Yours: Emberiza citrinella
http://www.birdguides.com/html/vidli...004a001_j2.jpg

Does this site also have the songs? The related CD does, and the home
page seemed to suggest it does, but I was using Netscrape rather that IE
to view.

Ours: Colaptes auratus
http://www.archives.state.al.us/images/stbird.jpg

I guess that bit of enlightenment nullifies my suggestion for the bird
song player, unless there is a similar device with a UK database.
My embarrassment is only offset by the warmth of a nugget of fresh
knowledge g

I've learnt things too - I had no idea you had a yellowhammer, and the
idea that it's a woodpecker-ish thing is quite bizarre to one used to
seeing this little ball of yellow fluff popping out of hedges.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: