Old 08-04-2009, 03:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
gardengal gardengal is offline

Default question about river birch/kousa dogwood

On Apr 7, 2:28*pm, "brooklyn1" wrote:
"gardengal" wrote in message

On Apr 7, 9:26 am, "brooklyn1" wrote:

"gardengal" wrote :

Clump birches are often "created" by the grower - they take multiple
saplings and plant them together in the same container or planting
hole, so they grow as if they were a multi-trunked tree. It's quite
common, as multi-trunked trees do not occur that way naturally with
great frequency.

That's just not true. The number of trunks of clump birch is created by
selective pruning, not by planting multiple trees (could be done but no
reputible nursery would, that would be cheating), planting a number of
birch
close together does not a clump birch make... usually only the most
dominant
will survive, the rest will eventually die.

So I guess 20+ years in the nursery industry, both in retail sales, as
a buyer and as a wholesale grower, speaks for nothing?

In 20 years you obviously learned nothing, and you never will learn
anything, because
*those who think all knowledge begins and ends with their own are the most
ignorant. *You're a verbose weasler is all... when you can't out think em
you out type em.

Sweet cheeks, it doesn't take much to out think you :-) Your lack of
knowledge about plant matters is only exceeded by your perception that
you have any. So keep on posting your misinformation and I'll keep on
correcting you.

This could be fun!!