Old 09-04-2009, 12:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plant Identification

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 12:28:34 +0100, southpark
wrote:

Please can you help me?

I have recently moved into a new house and there is a large bush / tree
in the corner but I do not know what it is.

This is the link to the flower on the plant (which is in bloom at
present)

http://i40.tinypic.com/24g4sc7.jpg[/IMG]

Can anyone can help me I would be most greatful?

Yours,

Daniel

Sorry I can not. Interesting flowers along the nodes with a cluster
of flowers on top of the stem with strawberry-like leaves. The five
pedal deep rose-colored flowers have a nice contrast with cream color
centers. The flowers should be your key to ID, but I'd like to see
the entire plant.

When I moved in it was new construction and the builder decided to
keep the 200 native trees on the lot. To this day, I'm not sure if I
have a "hackberry tree" or not. It has grown and produces a feast for
migrating birds with loads of dark berries. I think it is a bush but
I've trimmed it to a tree.