Old 09-04-2009, 02:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Plant Identification

On Apr 8, 4:28 am, southpark
wrote:
Please can you help me?

I have recently moved into a new house and there is a large bush / tree
in the corner but I do not know what it is.

This is the link to the flower on the plant (which is in bloom at
present)

http://i40.tinypic.com/24g4sc7.jpg[/IMG]

Can anyone can help me I would be most greatful?

Yours,

Daniel

--
southpark

It looks much like the pink flowering currant, a variety of red
flowering currant, Ribes sanguineum.
It is not Ribes speciosusm, fuchsia flowered currant, which has tiny
red "bells" that hang down
like tiny fuchsias. Which also has numerous, very viciious thorns/
prickles.
Emilie
NorCal