Old 13-04-2003, 02:44 PM

Default Snail elimination.reduction

I have tried PP against snails. doesnt work really well. OTOH, I have used copper
sulfate and it kills the snails well. copper sulfate knocks down quite a few other
cooties. I just dont like using it in the pond with the fish. it is only not as
toxic in water from 50-300 ppm hardness. Ingrid

"Robert Burns" wrote:

Hi,
We have a 500 gallon pond. Over the last couple of years we've gotten more
an dmore small snails. Next week we're going to do a little spring cleaning
and I'd like to know the concentration of Potassium Promangamate to use to
"sterileize" the new plants prior to putting 'em in the pond. We're going
ot divide the lillies too so if we soak them too maybe we can reduce the
population a bit.

Thanks

Bob