Old 10-04-2009, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
ron ron is offline

Default How to get rid of clover that's taking over the lawn???

Phisherman wrote:
On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:03:24 -0700 (PDT), ron
wrote:

It began last year with a small patch of clover and now it's a major
problem taking over the entire front lawn. It also attracts deer that
eat the clover and they then eat the shrubs for desert.
How do I kill the clover without killing the remaining grass?

Actually clover in grass is not such a bad thing, except for the bees.
A broadleaf killer will work on clover, but even better to enjoy deer
burgers.

The deer hunters in these parts plant clover fields to attract the
deer so they're partial to clover. I'll use the broadleaf weed killer
for the clover now and dust off my old 30-30 Marlin 336 for deer
burgers this comming November...Thanks for the replys.