Old 11-04-2009, 06:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
YMC YMC is offline

Default Killing kikuyu grass - fruit tree ok.

Hi,

Just wanted to let the group know about my attempt to kill kikuyu grass in
my backyard.

I used roundup and zero concentrate - mixed with water of course with the
proper ratio (I forget what it is now... something like 15ml for 5 litres of
water.

I think I gave it a good spray twice about 2 -3 months back followed by
another repeat spray shortly after. It was Summer and it was pretty hot. I
think the Kikuyu drank it up like a glutton.

Well - I've been away since Feb - just got back. And virtually all the
kikuyu are dead - except for a few loose ends on the perimeter of the lawn
near the flower beds. The two small young fruit trees that are in the middle
of the lawn are fine.

I'll see whether some of them resurect next Summer. But I doubt it.