Old 12-04-2009, 04:15 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Season Startup

In article ,
~ jan wrote:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ry/pond-11.jpg

Welcome back Kurt! The waterfall turned out really well, very nice, love
the stones you used.

All ponds up and running around here. I had frogs last weekend, even one in
the filter, the weather has been very nice. I'm not sure why, but the frogs
have been quiet the last several nights and I'm wondering if the skunks or
raccoons got to them, I heard only 1, maybe 2. :-( Even though I've got 2
pondlets running where a bunch of taddies grew up in, out by the koi ponds,
none have shown up. :-( ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Thanks Jan,
Was looking for a more natural rock/pond environment.

No frogs around here. They'd need to travel a bit.
Cleaned the pond out today. Have some sort of large critter coming in
the yard at night. Has to scale a 5 ft. wall. Drinks and munches at pond.
Weather here is very mild. Did a lot of gardening today. Some new
planting.
Just ordered a replacement 40 watt Pondmaster ballast for my UV
clarifier. They work great, but the ballast lasted barely a season.