Old 13-04-2009, 03:01 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_19_] Jonno[_19_] is offline

Default Growing vegies Melbourne

0tterbot wrote:
"YMC" wrote in message
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Most of the vegetables that have edible fruit are summer season in
Melbourne. What do you mean by "small fruit plants"?

David

Something similar to tomatoes... Chilli plants do they grow well in our
winter?

they won't, but tomatilloes &/or ground cherries might. (although they'd
prefer it was summer).
kylie

If you can find a wall which gets northerly sun, you may let them over
winter ready for the next season, like I found this year.
That plant is still producing after last year. Also covering them is
helpfull if frost is expected.....
Some of my tomatoes struggled on, as well, but only some lanky cherry
ones survived.