Old 13-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Warren

Default Attach weed sprayer to Sprinkler System

Steve J wrote:
Hi all,
Posted this in home repair before I found this group.

I've been trying to figuare out a way to attach a weed sprayer or

create
some sort of attacment to my Sprinkler system.

Here's a rough idea:

----backflow preventer---weedkiller---Sprinkler system
I've taken apart several of the bottle spayers and it seems all I need

is a
very small tube.
The bottle needs to be placed inline so that the water pressure would

pull
solution through the tube and into the sprinkler system. I think I'll

have
to have a pin size hole just so I'll only use a small amount of

solution
during each watering.

Anyone done anything like this?
What did you use?
Can you provide a material list?

Depending upon the chemicals involved, what you're describing may be
illegal. After evaporation and run-off, a significant amount of the
chemical you're applying is going to be entering the air or water
supplies. I don't know what herbicide you're planning on using, but I
sure wouldn't want to be anywhere near your neighborhood when you use
it.

If you're still interested in trying this, I would suggest trying to
find an unemployed Iraqi weapons builder to help you because what you're
describing isn't a responsible way to use herbicides. It's chemical
warfare with no regard for human life.

There's a reason why those parts you have don't fit together.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.