Old 13-04-2009, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
The moderator The moderator is offline

Default Vegetable plant prices

"Phisherman" wrote in message
Not sure what is going on here. I am looking to buy about 10-15
tomato plants, like I have for many years. I've been to WalMart,
KMart and Home Depot. The only tomato plants I found were $5.29 each
and I thought how many tomatoes I could buy for 70 dollars? It turns
out buying tomato plants is not such a good deal. If this keeps up
all I will have is strawberries, potatoes, cucumbers, peppers and no
tomato plants. What ever happened to 6-pack plants, or singles for
$1.10? Spoke with the manager and these high-priced tomato plants are
not selling.

I bought a nine pack at Wal-Mart for $3.00.