Old 13-04-2009, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Vegetable plant prices

In article ,
"The moderator" wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
Not sure what is going on here. I am looking to buy about 10-15
tomato plants, like I have for many years. I've been to WalMart,
KMart and Home Depot. The only tomato plants I found were $5.29 each
and I thought how many tomatoes I could buy for 70 dollars? It turns
out buying tomato plants is not such a good deal. If this keeps up
all I will have is strawberries, potatoes, cucumbers, peppers and no
tomato plants. What ever happened to 6-pack plants, or singles for
$1.10? Spoke with the manager and these high-priced tomato plants are
not selling.

I bought a nine pack at Wal-Mart for $3.00.

What variety? Early Girl? Ace? Local prices in my area are $2.50 for a
4" pot but they do have a pretty good selection. If I want six packs, I
have to go to non-trendy nurseries where I can still get six packs.

And, yeah, I still have cultural problems with Wally World and the
depletion of currency from the local economy and the way Wally World's
employees are treated.
--

- Billy