Old 14-04-2009, 05:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Vegetable plant prices

"Phisherman" wrote in message
Not sure what is going on here. I am looking to buy about 10-15
tomato plants, like I have for many years. I've been to WalMart,
KMart and Home Depot. The only tomato plants I found were $5.29 each
and I thought how many tomatoes I could buy for 70 dollars? It turns
out buying tomato plants is not such a good deal. If this keeps up
all I will have is strawberries, potatoes, cucumbers, peppers and no
tomato plants. What ever happened to 6-pack plants, or singles for
$1.10? Spoke with the manager and these high-priced tomato plants are
not selling.

I impulse bought my tomatoes from Home Depot and there were no 6-packs of
anything. Bought four singles and two of the 4-inch. Not pleased with
myself for not planning this better, like I tell myself every Spring.......