Old 13-04-2003, 07:32 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Daffs in a newly rented property.

If you want the text book answer you should wait at least 6 weeks for the
top to grow back, and so that you do not disturb the roots and therefore the
storing up of energy for next season. I would dig them up with a fork
though, with a big dollop of earth on the end and plonk them right where you
want them

The Devil's Advocate I only set the stage, you pull your own strings

Carl Inglis wrote:
: We've recently moved into a new (to us) property in Lincs. The
: previous tenant (or possibly the owner) has planted daffodils in some
: of the beds. Whilst they have flowered and look pretty; they aren't
: really where I want them. The question, therefore, is:
:
: At what stage can I dig up the bulbs and replant them where I want
: them?
:
: The flowers on most of them are just dying back now.
:
: Actually, while I think about it, can someone answer the same question
: with regard to tulips (in another bed)??
:
: Thanks in advance,
:
: Carl