Old 15-04-2009, 07:01 PM posted to aus.gardens
len gardener len gardener is offline

Default Aphids and catapillars

with caterpillars/grubs ti is the hand pick safari bright and early
each morning best results are after they first hatch when they are
huddled together we remove that leaf or leaf section and relegate that
to the bib or the middle of the lawn if the mornng is going to be hot.

the only other protection is to cover plants with mossy net.

the aohids are harvested by the ants, they can be dislodged by
spraying with water from the garden hose and a fine spray not a jet,
then yo need to stop the ants or move them on, we have some ant
remedies on our remedies page.

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev