Old 15-04-2009, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Seeds/cling film?

toptaff writes

I made a mistake, they're actually sweet peas, the freesias are

bulbs,
doh!

Right....LOL !

(Though freesias *can* be grown from seed)

Watch out for slugs/snails as they just love members of the pea
family!
Pinch out the tops when they've got big enough to have four true leaves
to make your plants strong and bushy,then you should get plenty of
flowers.

I don't find much trouble with sweet peas. I usually plant them outside
at about 9-12inches high. Culinary peas and broad beans also aren't much
troubled by slugs and snails, whereas runners and french beans and
lupins can be completely felled no matter what the age.

I've heard other people have lost young laburnum trees to slugs.
--
Kay