Old 16-04-2009, 11:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default layering

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Phisherman wrote in
:

I have had the most success with the method my father taught me.
Dig a trench where you can bend a branch down, pin it and bury
it. You can scrape the bark a little and apply some rooting
hormone, but not necessary. I wait a year, but you can check
for roots in 6 months.

i'll have to see if i can get any branches to the ground. sounds
like a pretty easy method.
lee

All I do is add a handful of dirt and place a brick or rock on then
check back 2 o3 years latter. Cut it of the main plant and remove a
year latter.

Bill who never got the hang of air layering .

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)