Old 17-04-2009, 08:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Starting Petunia

Ernie Willson wrote:

I want to start about 50 petunia plants indoors for transplant outside
later in the year. I've never worked with Petunia seeds before. What a
surprise..these are the smallest seeds I've ever seen. I'd like to put
one or two seeds into each of 50 starter pellets. This seems a daunting
task due to the size of the seed. Is there any easy way to do this?

I've used an ordinary eyedropper to suck up small seeds one at a time from a
white paper plate. But there are also devices specially made for the
purpose.

http://www.leevalley.com/home/Search.aspx?c=2&action=n