Old 18-04-2009, 12:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Damp soil lawn advice??

You sure don't need to use a "heavy" soil additive like clay. What about
adding sand? Mix it in with the existing soil. It would aerate the soil
somewhat and not hold any moisture.

--
"thewhisperingon" wrote in
message ...

Firstly, forgive my ignorance on lawn care. Here's my problem:

My lawn takes a lot of drainage from another elevated site behind my
own hence the soil is compacted and very damp. The end result is that
moss has taken over. I know I can't kill it once and for all. So far
I've used an electric moss raker which certainly seems to have cleared
the majority and I've aerated the lawn.

Now...what should I do next to give me a healthy lawn come the summer?

Should I apply an organic compost/sharpsand mix over the lawn then
resow or am I being very naive. Your advice would be most welcome!!

--
thewhisperingon