Old 18-04-2009, 01:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Andrew Ostrander Andrew Ostrander is offline

Default Starting Petunia

I touch each seed with the tip of a very slightly moistened toothpick. The
seed then adheres enough to the toothpick that I can move it to a pot and
knock it off by touching it to the soil.

I also follow the advice on my seed packet: pretreat soil with No Damp, and
arrange for warm days, cool nights, and exposure to light. Except for the
cool night part, my experience has been that these are all essential.

"Ernie Willson" wrote in message
I want to start about 50 petunia plants indoors for transplant outside
later in the year. I've never worked with Petunia seeds before. What a
surprise..these are the smallest seeds I've ever seen. I'd like to put one
or two seeds into each of 50 starter pellets. This seems a daunting task
due to the size of the seed. Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks,
EJ in NJ