Old 13-04-2003, 09:44 PM
molli

Default Help! Brown spots on deflasked Paphs

Around here, Physan is also called "Consan" if that helps.

--

Hugs,
Molli

"Elpaninaro" wrote in message
Good afternoon everyone,

Well- the first troubles have struck. I deflasked three flasks of PEOY on
Thursday and put the compots into baggies for better humidity- keeping

them
slightly open at the top.

Pulled them all out last night since the medium is not drying as I would

like
and I will probably be going easier on the baggie treatment going forward.

Plants look great, but in one of the baggies- both compots have just a few

tiny
brown spots- perhaps 5 total- on four different leaves. There are also two
crease marks on leaves that are brown, but I am pretty sure that

originated as
mechanical damage.

I did not spray these plants on deflasking. Physan 20 was recommended to

me if
any troubles arose, but I have not been able to find any locally.

So instead I got some Neem Oil. Specifically, I got Green Light Powerdy

Mildew
Killer- which is 70% Clarified Hydrophobic extract of Neem Oil and 30%

"inert
ingredients." It was the closest I could come to Neem Oil and I found no

other
product with labelling that made me comfortable using it on orchids.

Is this safe for newly deflasked Paphs? Also, what concentration would you

all
recommend? I am guessing I need a weak solution here, but I am not sure

how
weak to make it. The problem is still very minor, so my hope is to use as
little of this as possible.

Thanks for any thoughts!