Old 13-04-2003, 09:56 PM
shannie

Default Plastic Greenhouses

"Adrian Jones" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply. How does it stand up to the wind? I don't have

any
grass or soil to put it on, so I have to put it on a paved concrete area,
but I can't figure out how to fasten it down so that it doesn't blow away.
Also, does it get mildew and mould?

Thanks

"Fredrick Skoog" wrote in message

"Adrian Jones" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with those inexpensive

plastic
walk-in greenhouses, the type that are sort of like a tent that you

can
get
at Argos or Index, etc?

Thanks.

I've successfully managed to grow chillies in one for the last couple of
years

I'v had two for the past few years and wouldn't be without them. This year
particularly I've found them wonderful for raising veggie's from seed. I
have a piece of rope running around the front of mine and tied on each side
to stakes in some fencing (similar to another poster) however if thats not
feasable, what about a couple of eyebolts in the concrete and some rope
stays or for a temporary fix you could put in a couple of concrete blocks on
the bottom shelf not wildly aesthetic but may help to anchor it for you
while you work on something more permanent.

Shan