Old 19-04-2009, 01:36 AM
RK77 RK77 is offline
Registered User

Post how to create decorative stones walkway

Hi,

I'm planning to create a walkway in my garden using the decorative stones (small pebbles, etc).

I got myself the hand tamper to smooth and compact the soil, which is working but really back breaking.

Anyways, my question is: initially I was thinking of creating a 3 inch concrete on top of the soil and then putting any stones to create walkway.

But now I'm thinking if its possible to just put lot of weedkillers on soil before covering the soil with landscape fabric and then any decorative stones, that will save me not putting any concrete at all.

Can anyone advice if it will work or is it still better to use concrete instead before proceeding.

I'm also thinking of creating a concrete retaining wall (approx. 45cm high) as my garden is bit uneven (slopy). This wall will be just next to the walkway. On the other side of the wall I'll level and planning to turf.

Thanks in advance.

RK