Old 18-04-2009, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Ginger bucket

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:01:11 +0100, "Tim Jesson"
wrote:

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message

snip

After two months the roots have grown quite a lot. This is my first
success growing ginger.

Steve

That sounds excellent. I'll give it a go. My success so far has been
limited.

My one question would be how would you avoid getting algae on the
surface of the wet soil? Or doesn't it matter?

It's not wet on the surface. The soil on the top is quite dry because
of the warmth from the spotlight.

Steve