Old 19-04-2009, 05:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Ridding My Garden of Foxtail and Oxalis

In article dth,
says...

I realize that oxalis explodes it's seeds into a multi-foot pattern to keep
it going and have asked neighbors on the back and side to step up their lawn
treatments to contain said pest. Is there a way of completely romoving
either of these weeds short of salting the land (to which they are able to
overcome, given the evidence in other parts of my yards)?

The seeds from some plants have an indefinite dormancy period and can
linger in the soil for years. I don't know if wood sorrel is one of
those but if it is, there's nothing for it but to keep on weeding.