Old 13-04-2003, 10:44 PM
JohnB

Default Extending edge of butyl pond liner to stop leaking

That is exactly what I want although I may need a larger volume - depends on
the size of tube of course - but is a good start for enquiries.

Thanks

JohnB

"Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson" wrote in
message ...
The message
from "JohnB" contains these words:

I would like to attach a strip of rubber liner to the existing edge to
effectively raise the edge by an inch or so. I have initially tried

using a
strip adhesive on a roll that is carried by a white backing paper - not

sure
of the name but intended for sticking patches to the liner.

Anyone any other solutions? Any mastic like substances that will stick

the butyl and give additional help? When completed it will be covered

again
and not subject to significant movement.

It is not really practical to lower the waterfall to lower the water

surface
below the edge.

There is special adhesive for sticking butyl to butyl supplied by butyl
stockists. When I had a leak, Midland Butyl or Pond Liners Direct (can't
remember which but can look it up if you're interested) posted me a tube
very quickly for just the cost of the postage. I seem to remember the
adhesive cost about £8.
Ignore this if I've misunderstood what you want!

Janet G