Old 19-04-2009, 09:14 PM posted to soc.culture.scottish,uk.rec.gardening
Glenallan Glenallan is offline

Default Apple Pie Mites

I live in Scotland.
A previous owner of my house planted an apple tree.
This tree gives a great abundance of sizeable apples
which are quite sweet.

The trouble is that due to my neglect each season,
the hundreds of apples go to waste.

Frankly I don't know how to treat this tree.
What kind of spray etc should I use to prevent little
mites from spoiling the apples.

Also, the tree is near a very busy main road, and
I am a little worried about toxic fumes.

I hope someone can help. ;-)
I estimate I am good for about 3000 apple pies in September.

Glenallan