Old 19-04-2009, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim Jesson Tim Jesson is offline

Default Ginger bucket

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:01:11 +0100, "Tim Jesson"
wrote:

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message

snip

After two months the roots have grown quite a lot. This is my
first
success growing ginger.

Steve

That sounds excellent. I'll give it a go. My success so far has
been
limited.

My one question would be how would you avoid getting algae on the
surface of the wet soil? Or doesn't it matter?

It's not wet on the surface. The soil on the top is quite dry
because
of the warmth from the spotlight.

Steve

OK that explains it. Thanks Steve.

I don't have any easy way of doing this with heat/light so I'm going
to try to improvise. It's worth experimenting because ginger is a real
prize.

TJ