Old 20-04-2009, 06:46 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Electric fence

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:06:21 EDT, ©anadian Ponder "©anadian
wrote:

What happens if the electric wire comes in contact with plants.
Any chance of burning etc.

As in catching fire or burning the plant? Mine isn't strong enough to bur
thru, like our horse wire could. If it comes in contact with plants it's
going to short and not work. Mine has a light that shows me if that is
happening. If one has an over hanging plant just run the wire thru ridged
plastic tubing at that spot. I keep tall plants clear of mine, and trim
where I need to. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us