Old 20-04-2009, 06:46 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Raccoon !!

Having water continuously turned on to a device is an accident waiting
to happen.

I suppose it could be. I originally had mine hooked up to a water timer so
it was off during the day, till I found out herons come during the day too.
We had it hooked to the hose for a number of years without a problem. Then
DS changed it to underground pvc and copper piping so it wasn't taking up a
hose spigot. Plus no hose on the ground. 9 years, so far so good. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us