Old 20-04-2009, 11:13 AM
dogsandcats dogsandcats is offline
Registered User

You are using the web based "Gardenbanter" instead of coming here direct via
your mail client, "Outlook Express", or whatever. This is a Newsgroup, part
of Usenet, one of the oldest parts of the internet.
Go to "Tools" and find Newsgroups, download all the newsgroups your ISP
takes and then look for this one ... alt.binaries.pictures.gardens and then
subscribe (costs nothing).
Some ISPs have stopped taking binary newsgroups in which case change your
ISP.
You then just attach your photo to your post just like a normal e-mail.

Alternatively with Gardenbanter you have to upload your photo to their site
and post a link here or as you are probably UK based, on uk.rec.gardening.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Thanks to all of you for being so helpful. Please could you tell me how to upload my photo to the gardenbanter site, Bob said:

"Alternatively with Gardenbanter you have to upload your photo to their site
and post a link here or as you are probably UK based, on uk.rec.gardening."

I am UK based and my ISP is sky and I am trying to find out from them how to subscribe via outlook express. uk.rec.gardening just comes up as a google search result but not something I get my photo onto, please could you give me the full address or instructions on how to upload my photo.

Sorry for being so troublesome (bet when we do get round to seeing the pic it will be something of a letdown!)