Old 20-04-2009, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can I relocate a cistus

In article ,
says...

Can I move a 2yr old cistus, alan fradd, afew ft back, into a slighty
shaded corner. It has completely taken over my raised bed and is
practically lying on the lawn. It is covered in buds and appears very
happy, but I am not!!

--
JJstone

They don't like being moved and they also like as much sun as they can
get so all in all it does not sound the best of plans! but its annoying
you so why not try trimming it back after it flowers?, so long as you
leave each stem with some leaves and wait till it has flowered you can
sometimes regain control. They are never long lived plants so you can
also decide to get a new one and put it somewhere else.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk