Old 19-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Registered User

Question Can I relocate a cistus

Can I move a 2yr old cistus, alan fradd, afew ft back, into a slighty shaded corner. It has completely taken over my raised bed and is practically lying on the lawn. It is covered in buds and appears very happy, but I am not!!
Old 19-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJstone View Post
Can I move a 2yr old cistus, alan fradd, afew ft back, into a slighty shaded corner. It has completely taken over my raised bed and is practically lying on the lawn. It is covered in buds and appears very happy, but I am not!!
Hi
As it is only two years old I would say yes, does like full sun and well drained, now is the best time.

And as you are not happy its got one chance by the sound of it, when you dig it up try cuting with the spade a good 12 inches from the main stem all around , once you have done this a big piece of plastic and lift it out so you dont brake the root ball up plant at same level and give it a good water also a liquid feed once a week will help settle in but keep it weel watered through the summer.

Hope this helps
Spruce
From small acorns oak trees grow