Old 20-04-2009, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle-C Uncle-C is offline

Default Bramble / Blackberry flowering question

Hi,
A friend gave me a bramble rooting which was then about 1 - 1.5ft
long, this was about 2 years ago. I planted it in a sunny place and
bordering a plain looking fence in order to add some colour and with
any luck a harvest of berries. This is the second summer since I
planted and although there is tremendous growth and spread of the
plant , alas no flowers. I read that you should get flowering in the
second year. Perhaps I have neglected to feed it correctly so as to
encourage a profusion of flowers ? Any guidance would be appreciated.

regards,
uc