Old 20-04-2009, 05:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default trouble uploading pic

"dogsandcats" wrote

Thanks to all of you for being so helpful. Please could you tell me how
to upload my photo to the gardenbanter site, Bob said:

"Alternatively with Gardenbanter you have to upload your photo to their
site
and post a link here or as you are probably UK based, on
uk.rec.gardening."

From the Gb site...
"The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this
forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your
posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will
be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make.

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Manage Attachments] button
at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you
want to attach from your local hard drive.

After posting, the image attachments may display a thumbnail, depending on
the forum settings. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not
already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the
attachment icon."

I might add you can only send attachments to Binary Groups they will get
stripped out if you try to send to non-binary groups like uk.rec.gardening.

I am UK based and my ISP is sky and I am trying to find out from them how
to subscribe via outlook express. uk.rec.gardening just comes up as a
google search result but not something I get my photo onto, please could
you give me the full address or instructions on how to upload my photo.

I've taken a look at Sky and I don't think they carry Newsgroups at all. So
you either have to stick with GB or take a look at Flicker which gives free
photo space and a link when you upload your photo to their server for you to
then post, or get a Newsgroup account with someone as suggested by Wolf, I
use http://news.individual.net/ at 10 Euros a year but they don't carry
binary groups like this one so no use to you in this case. I use my ISP
which is BT for this newsgroup as they do carry newsgroups including binary
ones.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden