Old 21-04-2009, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
MajorOz MajorOz is offline

Default Vegetable plant prices

On Apr 18, 1:03*am, Mark Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:03:22 -0500, cat daddy wrote:
I impulse bought my tomatoes from Home Depot and there were no 6-packs
of anything. Bought four singles and two of *the 4-inch. Not pleased
with myself for not planning this better, like I tell myself every
Spring.......

Home Depot is a terrible bargain. *Every Spring I have 4 or 5 places I go
to get seedlings and Home Depot is always last on the list. *Sometimes
I'll find some exotic herb in a 4" pot there but for the basics I go
elsewhere. *You really do have to shop around to find the best deals.

More and more Heirloom "flea market" style places are cropping up. I
usually get all my annual bedding flowers (marigolds for the tomato
patch, clumps for the rain gutter herb garden, etc) there. Six packs
for about a dollar, many less than that. And a whole lot of hippies,
hillbillies, and weirdos from the hollers who have tons of practical
advice for local growing.
(and at Baker Creek, lots of great music)

cheers

oz, hurrying to catch up