Old 21-04-2009, 07:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Pricing nonsense

"Tim" wrote in message news:SY8Hl.25089
Indeed, I agree! I remember my daughter pulling up my radish plants
and munching away..Soil and all.

Yep, my 2-year-old last year never bothered to clean off his carrots. He
hasn't died yet, so I guess it was okay.

This will be the first summer my GD is going to help her Zeto in the
garden, I'm looking forward to it, although I may need to fence in the
'maters. 8-).....Nah, let'r pick.

Absolutely. Now, I admit that when the tomatoes are fairly new and sparse,
I sometimes tell the kids to lay off certain plants, knowing that I will
need those fruits myself soon. Same with pickling cukes when I need a whole
batch of a specific size. But when summer's on and the plants are producing
all over the place, the kids get free roam of the garden. Nothing
healthier, and it doesn't last, so why not? (We also have numerous apricot,
peach, cherry, and other fruit trees that the kids get first pick from,
before we gather the rest for jam or wine.)
--S.