Old 21-04-2009, 06:09 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Damp soil lawn advice??

thewhisperingon wrote:
Firstly, forgive my ignorance on lawn care. Here's my problem:

My lawn takes a lot of drainage from another elevated site behind my
own hence the soil is compacted and very damp. The end result is that
moss has taken over. I know I can't kill it once and for all. So far
I've used an electric moss raker which certainly seems to have cleared
the majority and I've aerated the lawn.

Now...what should I do next to give me a healthy lawn come the summer?

Should I apply an organic compost/sharpsand mix over the lawn then
resow or am I being very naive. Your advice would be most welcome!!

Lime for the ph, and ferrous sulphate to kill the moss there now.