Old 21-04-2009, 06:10 PM
spruce spruce is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Turner View Post
My Jersey Sunrise (courtesy of Sacha) are all now at or nearly at the
four-true-leaf stage and need to move from the windowsill to the cold
frame. How long do they need to be there before planting out please?
Hi Derek
Are you planting into the open ground/greenhouse or pots / growbag
toms hate the cold, you would have to wait until no more frosts, end May at least depending where you plant them if in the open.
I have in the past before I got my greenhouse used four bamboo canes and wrapped clingfilm around for the first couple of weeks just to keep them snug and to stop wind damage (mini greenhouse)

Hope this helps
Spruce
From small acorns oak trees grow