Old 14-04-2003, 12:44 AM
LeighMo

Default Looking for hardy or bad tasting plants

I don't think anything eats "Jungle val".

My clown loaches regularly chomp on it. They also eat anubias and java fern,
which are supposedly bad-tasting.

It might be worth trying some low "lawn" type plants. Ross, you probably don't
have enough light for Lilaeopsis, but Marsilea would work. Bribe the tetras
with clippings from fast-growing stem plants, and they may leave low-growing
plants alone. (Since tetras, IME, aren't wild about eating food off the bottom
of the tank.)

You might also try fine-leaved plants like Cabomba or Limnophila. My loaches
leave that alone; they don't seem to care for the texture of needle-shaped
leaves. They love munching on Mayaca and Didiplis, but don't bother Cabomba,
Limnophila, or Myriophyllum.

Leigh