Old 23-04-2009, 10:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Broad beans

In article ,
"Part_No" wrote:

Helo group

UK gardener here

I am trying to solve a problem which I had last year as a newbie gardener.

50% of my broad beans were empty!...fertiliser?

I have 250 in at home and my allotment and don't really want the same
problem this year.

I don't want to use man made chemical fertlisers for obvious reasons.

I have googled to distraction and can't find a 'proper' answer cos all of
them want to sell me seeds or a coservatory or something.

Experienced growers in this group is my final search on this, and I would
be greatful for advice.

Take care
Part_No

Worth a few minutes .