Old 24-04-2009, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner Derek Turner is offline

Default soil

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:16:11 +0100, soulman wrote:

Just finish making another raised bed, and could do with some more soil.
I have a very dark brown soil and managed to get some orange/brown(clay
like?) soil from a local skip company for free which I've mixed. Is it
better to mix homebase(any mass produced) compost/topsoil or just leave
the soil I got as it is?
I presume soil is more nutritional that prepackaged compost?

thanks jase.

IIWY I'd Google 'subsoil' before using that free stuff at all. My guess
is that it's worth precisely what you paid for it. I hope I''m wrong.
Google 'topsoil' while you're about it!