Old 24-04-2009, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default What constitutes a flower as " wild"

On Apr 24, 10:48*am, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:38:32 -0700 (PDT), moghouse
wrote:

On Apr 23, 6:43*pm, Jimgentracer Jimgentracer.
wrote:
Does anyone know if a bluebell is in my garden, does that make it not a
wild flower and the same question goes, if I find a rose on a towpath
hedgerow is that making it a wild flower?

--
Jimgentracer

Attitudes change all the time. Great Uncle Victor (my first gardening
tutor) declared, "A weed, boy, is any plant that ain't where you want
it to be."

In the sixties a young gardener friend of mine was sacked from his job
at a stately home because he could not bring himself to pull up
dandylions and other "wild" flowers from formal beds, because he
thought they were just as "valid" as any other flower.

Diferent strokes......

is your friend on GW nowadays?

Do you mean did he have a sex change and beecome Carol Klein? No, I
don't think so, he became a jazz pianist.I do sometimes wonder what
his own garden is like.