Old 24-04-2009, 03:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
©anadian Ponder[_4_] ©anadian Ponder[_4_] is offline

Default Electric fence

Thanks....I purchased one and will set it up.
Will have it on a timer to only turn on after dark. I am only worried
about raccoons.

~ jan wrote:
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:06:21 EDT, ©anadian Ponder "©anadian
wrote:

What happens if the electric wire comes in contact with plants.
Any chance of burning etc.

As in catching fire or burning the plant? Mine isn't strong enough to b

ur
thru, like our horse wire could. If it comes in contact with plants it'

going to short and not work. Mine has a light that shows me if that is
happening. If one has an over hanging plant just run the wire thru ridg

ed
plastic tubing at that spot. I keep tall plants clear of mine, and trim
where I need to. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us