Old 14-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Peter B.

Default crepe myrtle

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:09:23 -0500, kate
wrote:

I received a gift of someones Arbor Day Foundation trees and one is a
crepe myrtle. It has yet to show signs of life and even the old black
locust is leafing out. I'm zone 6 something - Nashville TN. Are these
late bloomers or has another one bit the dust?

Kate

I live in Denver, NC - zone 7 - and our Crepe Myrtles have not yet
started to show any signs of life. They start late and bloom late.

While there some hybrids that are reported to be more hardy, Crepes
do not do well in really cold climates. Just sixty miles north of
where I live, in the mountains, Crepes are extremely rare. The cold
weather kills them off.

Pete

Remove the "X" to send e-mail.