Old 25-04-2009, 07:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Electric fence

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:37:31 EDT, ©anadian Ponder "©anadian
wrote:

Thanks....I purchased one and will set it up.
Will have it on a timer to only turn on after dark. I am only worried
about raccoons.

Btw, bait it like Jim does for deer. Take a few foil strips and put peanu
butter on them and attach to the wire. This way the raccoon doesn't walk
into the wire with force and freak out, instead it gets a zap on the nose
and that's that.

Unlike my cat who I assume hit the wire and jumped over it into the ponds.
Unfortunately or thankfully it was timed to go off just seconds afterward
so he could get out. He came in with tail all frizzed and damp underneath
,
so I sort of knew what happened. Took months before he'd go out the door
down there. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us