Old 25-04-2009, 10:52 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Morgan View Post
I saw these flowers a couple of days ago in the Dean Garnier gardens
next to Winchester cathedral. Please can someone help me identify them
and if you can provide a url reference about them that is even better..

The first one looks a bit like Star of Bethlehem - but the front of the
petals is slightly yellow and the back tinged with pink.
http://www.mrtlfrm.demon.co.uk/garden/deang01.jpg

Looks like Tulipa clusiana

The second looks a bit like the Cosmos family, but I can find a picture
of a Cosmos that looks like it.
http://www.mrtlfrm.demon.co.uk/garden/deang02.JPG

Anemone vulgaris [used to be called pulsatilla] - Pasqueflower.

I don't know where those capital letters "JPG" crept in so watch out if
you type it. Thanks in advance.
--
Ellis Morgan
You mention five - what are the others?