Old 25-04-2009, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default identify these flowers

"Spider" wrote ...
"Ellis Morgan" asked
I saw these flowers a couple of days ago in the Dean Garnier gardens next
to Winchester cathedral. Please can someone help me identify them and if
you can provide a url reference about them that is even better..

The first one looks a bit like Star of Bethlehem - but the front of the
petals is slightly yellow and the back tinged with pink.
http://www.mrtlfrm.demon.co.uk/garden/deang01.jpg

The second looks a bit like the Cosmos family, but I can find a picture
of a Cosmos that looks like it.
http://www.mrtlfrm.demon.co.uk/garden/deang02.JPG

I don't know where those capital letters "JPG" crept in so watch out if
you type it. Thanks in advance.

The first is a form of botanical tulip, but I don't know which. Try
googling a few of the well-known bulb suppliers: Bloms, Avon, Broadleigh,
Parkers, ... loads more, but I can't call them to mind just now.

Tulipa clusiana or variety of?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden